One of the nicest ways that people have shown me that they care about me since I have been sick has been with investing their own time to learn about my illness or treatment. Since I have decided to apply for a service dog, several people have sent me stories about service dogs and, as someone who loves pictures of puppies, I've really enjoyed this. So I thought I would share the joy:
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/loyal-service-dog-to-wear-cap-and-gown-at-his-humans-high-school-graduation/
A story has been circulating about a bride and her service dog. I really like this picture because I know how important my dog will be when I finally have him/her and I know that he/she will be by my side for every important day and I can't wait to have such a strong bond with my dog.
I particularly like to read articles that help explain that service dogs can be trained for many conditions, not just as seeing-eye dogs or spread awareness about how to act around service dogs.
Buzzfeed published a cool article about service dogs, complete with adorable pictures and endearing stories: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kaelintully/8-types-of-service-dogs-we-should-be-grateful-for#.erPDMwD3q
I've been doing a lot of reading about other dysautonomia patients with service dogs and it's extremely uplifting. One of the companies that I have been applying with has an Instagram account that shared stories and pictures.
Seriously, they are so cute.




Comments
Post a Comment