It has been a beautiful week here in Chestertown! We have had gorgeous Fall weather all week and I'm loving it.
But, when I said that I love Fall, I didn't mean that I like to fall. But I did. And I hurt myself.
Wednesday night I had a bit of an issue. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and I fainted/tripped and fell hard to the ground. My foot rolled and made a loud popping noise (according to my roommate, who was awaken by this noise and my fall). Then, it quickly swelled to look something like this:
But, when I said that I love Fall, I didn't mean that I like to fall. But I did. And I hurt myself.
Wednesday night I had a bit of an issue. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and I fainted/tripped and fell hard to the ground. My foot rolled and made a loud popping noise (according to my roommate, who was awaken by this noise and my fall). Then, it quickly swelled to look something like this:
I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that that bump isn't suppose to be there. Just a hunch.
So I iced it and went to the Health Center on campus in the morning. I don't remember how much I have talked about the Health Center at WAC but there are great! I usually see PA Beverly Clarke and she knows my whole situation as well as I do. She is a God-send and has made this whole process much easier. Anyway, she sent me to the hospital for X-Rays. At that point, it looked like this:
Good news: No broken bones or fracture! Just a sprain.
Bad news: I have a concussion.
Whoops.
It's a minor concussion and we aren't too worried about it but I have to be very careful to not get another one, so I'm back in the chair for a bit.
Well, you win some you lose some, I guess.


Comments
Post a Comment