Today I had a follow-up visit with my Frederick cardiologist and the electrophysiologist that serves their office. He reviewed the results of my last Holter monitor and we updated him with all the new information we had about the pituitary and POTS.
After reviewing my Holter monitor and doing an orthostatic test in the office, Dr. Sinha confidently disagreed with my POTS diagnosis. We showed him the work up from the Tilt table test at Johns Hopkins and he told us that it was not performed for a traditional POTS test.
Great.
His opinion? Neurocardiogenic syncope, the same diagnosis I was given in March. However, unlike the 2 cardiologists in Chestertown who wanted to load me up with Midodrine and ignore the possibility of any other cause, Dr. Sinha wants to look further into the cause of this syncope. With a diagnosis like neurocardiogenic syncope you have an explanation of the physics behind the symptoms but not necessarily a cause for the mechanism causing this abnormal reaction. His hunch? Hormonal imbalance. He suggested that we seek a second opinion from endocrinology and make an appointment with a gynecologist.
Luckily, we have an appointment with an endocrinologist on Monday. As far as gyno? I guess I will have to break my 20 year streak of avoiding that particular field of medicine. Cue nervous breathing.
After reviewing my Holter monitor and doing an orthostatic test in the office, Dr. Sinha confidently disagreed with my POTS diagnosis. We showed him the work up from the Tilt table test at Johns Hopkins and he told us that it was not performed for a traditional POTS test.
Great.
His opinion? Neurocardiogenic syncope, the same diagnosis I was given in March. However, unlike the 2 cardiologists in Chestertown who wanted to load me up with Midodrine and ignore the possibility of any other cause, Dr. Sinha wants to look further into the cause of this syncope. With a diagnosis like neurocardiogenic syncope you have an explanation of the physics behind the symptoms but not necessarily a cause for the mechanism causing this abnormal reaction. His hunch? Hormonal imbalance. He suggested that we seek a second opinion from endocrinology and make an appointment with a gynecologist.
Luckily, we have an appointment with an endocrinologist on Monday. As far as gyno? I guess I will have to break my 20 year streak of avoiding that particular field of medicine. Cue nervous breathing.
Comments
Post a Comment