Remember when I said that I was excited for the tilt table test? Remember, I thought it would be fun?
I was wrong. I was very very wrong.
So they strapped me to a table and let me lay flat. Then they recorded my BP and pulse. Then they tilted me up 10 degrees at a time while measuring these vitals. The goal? To induce my symptoms while measuring my vitals.
Induced, they were.
The head rushes, nausea, vertigo, disorientation, dizziness, blurred vision...all of it at once, combined with the anxiety of a potential syncope episode and the fact that I was strapped to a table, was the complete opposite of fun.
In addition, my BP dropped from 117/65 to 89/55 while my pulse when from 84 bpm to 135 bpm...not a normal reaction to sitting up.
I'm keeping the new med students and interns interested as we await more news. On the upside, I have been moved to a new diet at the hospital and now have twice the amount of options!
I was wrong. I was very very wrong.
So they strapped me to a table and let me lay flat. Then they recorded my BP and pulse. Then they tilted me up 10 degrees at a time while measuring these vitals. The goal? To induce my symptoms while measuring my vitals.
Induced, they were.
The head rushes, nausea, vertigo, disorientation, dizziness, blurred vision...all of it at once, combined with the anxiety of a potential syncope episode and the fact that I was strapped to a table, was the complete opposite of fun.
In addition, my BP dropped from 117/65 to 89/55 while my pulse when from 84 bpm to 135 bpm...not a normal reaction to sitting up.
I'm keeping the new med students and interns interested as we await more news. On the upside, I have been moved to a new diet at the hospital and now have twice the amount of options!
Comments
Post a Comment