Last night, with Kate in Reston, I saw some of the beautiful Perseid meteor shower. We drove out of the city to a park where there wasn't as much light pollution and laid out on a blanket. After a few minutes of waiting and letting our eyes adjust to the darkness, we started seeing shooting stars. Some were short and dim, others burned across the whole sky.
Half way through our night of watching the shower, I turned to Kate and said, "Aren't we suppose to be making wishes?"
I told her that I couldn't think of a good wish to make and she immediately started laughing and said, "You have a brain tumor, Tori! You can't think of any wish to make?!"
So with every shooting star, I wished for better health. I wished for some magical solution. I wished for a full life. And at the end of the night I asked her what she was wishing for, to which she responded, "I think we were wishing for the same thing."
#friendshipgoals
Half way through our night of watching the shower, I turned to Kate and said, "Aren't we suppose to be making wishes?"
I told her that I couldn't think of a good wish to make and she immediately started laughing and said, "You have a brain tumor, Tori! You can't think of any wish to make?!"
So with every shooting star, I wished for better health. I wished for some magical solution. I wished for a full life. And at the end of the night I asked her what she was wishing for, to which she responded, "I think we were wishing for the same thing."
#friendshipgoals
Comments
Post a Comment