Today was one of the very very rare days that I didn't feel like a sick person.
Yes, I got winded going up the stairs. And I had to wear my compression sock. And my Fit Bit alarm (to tell me when I'm going into Tachycardia, as if I can't feel it) went off several times. BUT! I went to the Oriole's game and celebrated my mom's birthday and did normal people things!
Dad has Oriole's season tickets but I hadn't gotten a chance to go at all this summer because...well, I've been a little preoccupied. Today, Dad and I went and we had a nearly episode-free time. The game was a blast (we won 18-2) and the weather was perfect.
I had to concentrate on hydrating consistently since it was in the high 80s and I was exerting myself. It wasn't until we were leaving and I had to go up a couple steps that I felt symptomatic. I had to take a break at the top of the steps but Dad was there to help me rest. As I sat against a wall and caught my breath and let my heart calm down (step = 145 bmp = borderline syncopal), three Oriole's ushers and a cop came over to offer any help. As Dad explained my condition, the ushers offered me water. After a couple minutes my heart rate leveled out to 105 bmp and we continued on our way.
After the game, I got crabs for my mom for her birthday. Mom has been so helpful and selfless through this whole ordeal and her birthday is next week. Unfortunately, I won't be home for her birthday so I thought I would surprise her with an early celebration.
Yes, I got winded going up the stairs. And I had to wear my compression sock. And my Fit Bit alarm (to tell me when I'm going into Tachycardia, as if I can't feel it) went off several times. BUT! I went to the Oriole's game and celebrated my mom's birthday and did normal people things!
Dad has Oriole's season tickets but I hadn't gotten a chance to go at all this summer because...well, I've been a little preoccupied. Today, Dad and I went and we had a nearly episode-free time. The game was a blast (we won 18-2) and the weather was perfect.
I had to concentrate on hydrating consistently since it was in the high 80s and I was exerting myself. It wasn't until we were leaving and I had to go up a couple steps that I felt symptomatic. I had to take a break at the top of the steps but Dad was there to help me rest. As I sat against a wall and caught my breath and let my heart calm down (step = 145 bmp = borderline syncopal), three Oriole's ushers and a cop came over to offer any help. As Dad explained my condition, the ushers offered me water. After a couple minutes my heart rate leveled out to 105 bmp and we continued on our way.
After the game, I got crabs for my mom for her birthday. Mom has been so helpful and selfless through this whole ordeal and her birthday is next week. Unfortunately, I won't be home for her birthday so I thought I would surprise her with an early celebration.
With only a small hiccup, today was a great, fun day that barely resembled the life I've lived all summer. I didn't have any labs done, or PT to do, or syncopal episodes. I even got through the dreaded 2:00 pm- 4:00 pm window without a migraine. Here's to more days like today!


Comments
Post a Comment