In the midst of my syncope episodes on Sunday night I ended up lying on the bathroom floor with my entire family. Often when I faint I bring someone down with me, but sometimes I faint and my family just sits on the floor with me until I'm ready to get back up. And sometimes, we all end up in a puppy pile of syncope bonding. And then we take selfies.
Hello outside world! It's the end of Day 2 in Johns Hopkins and I just got my laptop so here's the update. After my lovely weekend with my friends, I spent most of Sunday relaxing on the couch. My BP was not great (78/49) and I spent a lot of the afternoon working to raise it (If I ever liked Gatorade, I don't anymore). After dinner I felt very ill. I got nauseous, with very little energy. I could feel my BP dropping so I spent the evening in the wheelchair. my vision went blurry and I couldn't focus on anything. In the middle of a conversation with Ally, I fainted in my chair. My family worked to pick me up out of the chair and lay me flat to try to regain consciousness. I was out for about 3 minutes and then spent another 20 minutes going in and out. When I tried to get up to use the bathroom after resting, I fainted again. I couldn't stand or walk or hardly sit up. So we went to the Emergency room at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center on Monday morning....

Comments
Post a Comment